Are you my Mommy?

Are you my Mommy?
Are you my Mommy?

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Incoming Announcement

In true spirit of my name, I, Tracy, am making a compromise today.  I described in an old post my desire to provide hints, ideas, and even a few musings, but not to write a bragger blog.  The world has enough of those and only grandparents probably want to her minute details of the happenings in Mr. B's little world.  Today though I am compromising my blogger values because we had a huge event.  Given that thinking about it at this moment is making me smile, I feel good about my compromise.  Mr. B is now 15 months old and has been a mobile guy for a long time with crawling being his forte.  He has many styles including
  1. superfast can't hardly see individual limb movements in the blur to rush to the dog's food and water dishes
  2. up on feet and hands only to avoid knees on rough pavement
  3. slow loping I've got all the time in the world
  4. giggling, butt wiggling, birthday suit crawl
  5. even paced rhythmic following along with mama
  6. head down, total focus and concentration got work to do crawl
  7. head up, laughing, total excitement, looking for his next adventure trotting crawl
He is so fast and so skilled that his motivation to learn a new skill has been compromised.  Well, today with a pacifier in each hand (ironic because he hates pacifiers other than as an item of interest...they were just around because I have been trying to improve his sleep by forcing a lovey upon him...Yep, I'm that brilliant...wait until my parenting book comes out), he took 3 staccato short steps toward me in the kitchen.  I responded with glee, excitement, high pitched vocal tone and Mr. B responded with blank facial expression and sitting down.  The party ended.  He did  this three more times and each time he seemed more and more aware and would give a big goofy grin.  So this is the point I think.

The Compromise:  My baby is becoming a little boy.

The Sweet Reward:  His contagious smile and giggle now that he understands his accomplishment and getting the opportunity to force all of you to hear me talk incessantly about my wonderful, perfect little boy...well mostly perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment