Are you my Mommy?

Are you my Mommy?
Are you my Mommy?

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Almost Most Things...True Confessions

Tonight's post is a sequel...I figure they make money and fame in Hollywood so I jumped on the bandwagon.  First we must take a trip backwards in time.  Four weeks ago I began a busy three weeks to the point that we went back to the basics; everyone was fed, bathed regularly, and mostly rested.  On those kind of days, those three accomplishments earn me accolades, inner peace the title of Mom.  So, today I finished the clean up from all that, YEA!!!  While cleaning the living room,  I made a happy discovery that continued my thought process from yesterday's "Almost Most Things" post. The truth is that at times frugalness slaughters all my other aspirations. 
Case in point...Exhibit A: the result of refilling a cleaning supply
Yes it is certainly incriminating evidence for a person who proposes to not use chemicals. Here's the extenuating circumstances.  I married my husband, D, in happiness and health and large windex refill.  I figure that the energy and environmental impact primarily occurred with manufacturing.  Yes, I can make my own cleaners (more on that later I promise), but I flinch at even the idea of wasting.  So, today I want to celebrate a milestone.  I refilled the spray bottle for the last time and I recycled the refill container.  I pronounce Frugal Cheap victorious over all other factors especially being green.
The confession...I have a weakness for anything frugal or chocolate. The word "free" makes me as giddy as a schoolgirl.  If you want to see sublime happiness give me free chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment