Are you my Mommy?

Are you my Mommy?
Are you my Mommy?

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Joys of Croup

Yep, you read that right.  I have been a little too busy for sake of myself, my family, and well anyone who dares to get in my path.  NO worries, I am not dangerous, unless you are a chocolate bar. Well, beware, but you should have known better than be in my house :)  I have been using my telepathic means of blog posting that I have mentioned in a previous post and been honing ever since.  What that means in real English is that I am giving you a short tidbit tonight early this morning as I stay up late working on my computer doing my job.  The tidbit is the joys of croup.  Although Mr. B continues to have coughing bouts, he is so much better and beginning to be his ornery, dirty boy self again.  By dirty I mean that he wore 6 different pants today due to levels of dirtiness and wetness that I could not allow to continue each time for sanitary and health reasons (i.e., some messiness on the clothing of a toddler is normal...if you can't live with that please wait a few years to visit us).  Wow, I really get tangential at 2 am, better bring a road map.  Back to croup.  One of the best treatments is steam.  Easy solution to this is let your kiddo play in the bathroom while you shower.   We are as green as we can be, so showers are not usually long.  But, croup improves with 20 minute steams.  So, I have been taking one for the team and suffering through thoroughly enjoying long, hot showers, while Mr. B  plays with his bath toys and occasionally sings to me or giggles or gets too quiet (the latter sometimes means he is unrolling all the toilet paper).  He is so cute like that.  I wonder if I can come up with another good excuse this winter so that I can quiet beat into submission the green side of my conscience in order to continue long, hot showers....

The Problem: Croup

The Compromise:  Kiddo needs 20 minute steams to control congestion and get the junk out of his lungs (and nose...don't worry I won't get graphic)

The Sweet Reward:  Long, Hot Showers for a tired mama

Stay tuned for more recipes I have been working on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment