Sweet Reward: A yummy, healthy apple salad that I love to make but with a new twist...recipe to come.
- Buy Apples check
- Read Label
- See Shellac
- Freak out, but be happy had already planned to dunk in boiling water for 30 seconds to remove wax coating that disgusts me when I buy apples every time.
- Do research on Shellac read this info about "Food Grade" Shellac
- Get even more concerned
- Non-meat house now has animal product
- Think to self Hmmm, we do have milk and honey in our house...and oh how I love cheese...mama taught me everything is better with cheese...sorry to anyone not from Midwest, but seems to be in our nature
- Don't know what to do now
- Ahhhh.......answer = blog about it...the weapon of all self-respecting SAHM or anyone with a computer and internet connection.
The Final Sweet Reward = A new apple salad recipe to share with all of you that held up so well I ate leftovers for the next two days and it didn't turn weird colors or get watery...my new fall treat...although the extra dipped in boiling water apples are a dull brownish, reddish type color in my fridge...yeah, yeah, I get why they coat my apples, but do we really need a bug's secretions in our daily diet...