Are you my Mommy?

Are you my Mommy?
Are you my Mommy?

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pandora for your Kiddo

aka...A day late and a dollar short...the runner up title for this post.

We have only rabbit ears for our television, for an obvious reason. If you don't have it, you can't overuse it. That's how we manage ourselves.  Same reason we limit bad food purchases and I limit trips to the store.

Mr. B is at the age where he loves music.  If he is happy, trying to put off bedtime, or you simply ask, he will sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Start.  Very cute, I know.

I want to encourage his love of music, so I periodically play Pandora for him so that I have more control over what plays. I started with my favorite music...Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles (I'm an old soul!).  But, little to no response. This really shocked me since the sound of the coffee grinder or daddy's saw is enough to get him dancing with legs a pumpin'.  Then, I had an aha moment.  Although it took so long, it was less aha and more duh (see runner up post title for further details).  I typed in Sesame Street.  And off he went, dancing his little heart out and if he didn't then I could give the song a thumbs down to train Pandora to know what he likes.

The Compromise: A little freaky for me when the computer thinks for us and an open laptop is an invitation for a toddler to have fun.

The Sweet Reward:  Happiness Toddler Style.

Rocking away,
Tracy and Mr. B

PS...Sesame Street does a tribute to the Beatles...I know, I'm a day short and a dollar late...hmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment