Are you my Mommy?

Are you my Mommy?
Are you my Mommy?

Monday, November 21, 2011

A late night list

I think, I have a serious addiction to list making, but more specifically to the moment of satisfaction when I get to cross something off the list.  Given an opportunity to make any type of list, I am all in.  My thoughts during meals with my 17 month old have been revolving around his interesting eating habits.  By this I do not mean the way he eats yogurt with his fingers and a slurping movement.  He eats almost everything, except meat, and so many things I think that most toddlers do not like.  By the way, I do try to be a realist and this time my sil K helped by reminding me that this too could change.  But, I am throwing caution to the wind to make a list off the top of my head of the unusual or interesting things that Mr. B eats.

  1. prunes, stewed, whole, etc
  2. pomegrante seeds..this is a new food and the unchewed ones are interesting later.
  3. tofu...straight out of the package...well he does like it cut in cubes before he hoovers it up
  4. all beans
  5. spinach
  6. shrimp
  7. avocado
  8. buckwheat
  9. kamut...the only non gmo wheat...awesome
  10. quiona
  11. strong flavored cheeses...I don't even know if he likes American cheese
  12. mango
  13. papaya
  14. mushrooms
  15. edamame
  16. kale
  17. collard greens
  18. sorrel greens
  19. swiss chard
  20. cranberries
  21. homemade sourdough bread
  22. broccoli
  23. onions
  24. plain homemade yogurt
  25. ground flax
  26. lemons
  27. raw tomatoes
  28. goat cheese
  29. scallops...I regret this one...expensive...and I hate to share these...just ask my husband D
  30. blueberries...yes I know every little one loves these, but maybe you have never seen them snatched from the grocery cart and almost spilled all over the floor.
The Compromise:  The grocery bill
The Sweet Reward:  A healthy kid and an opportunity to blog a list.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Makes me excited to get my little guy started on solids in a couple months. I just need to remember not to set my expectations too high/avoid making comparisons ;)

    ReplyDelete